Hello! We had a wild and fun weekend this past weekend! Saturday, I went to a baking class/lunch at the Flying Fish Restaurant in downtown Seattle. Bryan got it for me for a Christmas present and I took Lauren Grote with me. It was so much fun! The pastry chef for the restaurant showed us how she makes five recipes (Truffles, coconut macaroons, french almond nougat, caramel pot de creme, and chocolate peppermint pudding cakes) and then we got to eat them! A great lunch with good wine followed- it was fantastic!
I then went up to Grandpa and Georgette's house to do a good bye visit with Brett, Georgette and Grace. Grace is sooo dang adorable and loves her feet tickled! So cute. Brett and I tried pretty hard to get her to roll from her back to her stomach- she's so close, but not quite there yet :-) An added bonus was some good old-fashioned hang out time with Grandpa, Georgette, Grant and Jill too.... So great to see everyone!
I then picked up Bryan from work and we went to a birthday party.... for Axel, the four year old son of one of Bryan's (old) co-worker, Maria. It was my first experience at a Mexican Fiesta, and I was absolutely amazed! The hospitality was out of this world. Once we walked in, Maria shooed her relatives off the dining room table, sat us down and began to put plate after plate of delicious food in front of us. Oh so good! I know Bryan really enjoyed seeing Maria and some other ex-coworkers who made it to the party.
We left the birthday party and headed to North Bend for the Mount Si High School class of 2001's annual Christmas Sweater Party (9th year.... woah). I got to catch up with some old friends, which was really nice. It was a late, late night, but good nonetheless!
Sunday, Kristen, Mom and Dad came over for a feast! Bryan cooked a yummy cioppino and we overindulged! It was great! Kristen helped me bake chocolate peppermint pudding cakes (recipe from the cooking class) and they were soooo good! MMMMM. Oh yeah and the Panthers beat the Vikings! WAHOO! (this means that Bryan was in a super mood!)
It was a packed weekend, but so good! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season- I know we are! Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!
Love, Lauren and Bryan
(PS- I'll post pictures later.... I wanted to get this up before I had the chance to do pics... sorry!)
No comments:
Post a Comment