Saturday, February 19, 2011

Exciting News!

Hi all!

As you may or may not know, I was offered a long-term substitute position at Pacific Middle School teaching four classes of 8th grade science and one class of 7th grade science! The teacher is going on maternity leave for the rest of the year, so the classes are now all mine! I spent yesterday and thursday in the classroom observing the rules and routines and meeting the students.

It was quite the whirlwind to get the position- I was contacted by the principal and asked to come "talk" about the position- I hadn't even applied!- and that talk was an interview. Three days after that, I was offered the position and three days after that, I was in the classroom! Next week is mid-winter break and after that, it's all mine! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting my certificate early (next week, hopefully) in order to get this position- SPU has been amazing and supportive in this process. I am so excited!!! If you want to read more details about the whole process, I wrote about it on my school blog (click here).

Anyway, I will be sure to keep you updated! Wish me luck.... I think I might need it! Luckily, this week is mid-winter break and I get to do all my work in my sweatpants! :-)

Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment