Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

Hello all!  Tomorrow will mark my two week anniversary in my beautiful purple cast.  Sadly, not a happy anniversary because that means I still have FOUR (!) weeks left in this darn thing.  Because that brings me down a little, I have decided to make a Top Ten list for GOOD things that have become of this monstrosity.  So here I go....

10) My purse is filled because I have to carry a garbage bag everywhere I go in case it starts raining... and this is good because then I can't drop anymore junk in my purse!
9) I looked like a bad-ass at the gym last night on the elliptical with a cast on
8) Hitchhiking skills have improved greatly
7) I am getting good at typing with my right hand only (casted thumb gets in the way and hits the space bar accidentally!)
6) Left shoulder is getting toned from holding my arm up and out of the shower
5) Can't get cast wet, so makes it tough to do dishes... sorry Bry!
4) It's really hard to fold laundry without an opposable thumb... sorry Bry!
3) Can't get cast wet, so it makes it tough to take dog for walk in the rain... sorry Bry!
2) Something is always handy and available for an autograph at the Mariner's game
1) I get to give a perpetual thumbs up!

I know, kind of a lame list, but I'm trying here! :-)  Dr. appointment next week to make sure the bone is still in place and still no surgery... wish me luck!

So, what do you think....
Thumbs Up?
or...
Thumbs down?

No comments:

Post a Comment