Hello everyone!
I hope things are going great with you all... Today was quite the exciting day for us! My (Lauren's) company, Omeros, officially went public on the NASDAQ stock exchange (ticker: OMER). It's been quite a wild ride for that to finally happen. It's really a proud moment for my company, whom I have worked for for over four years now. With the way the market is, it was quite a feat to be a "development stage" company (i.e. non-revenue generating) and go public. We are the first to do so in just about two years. This morning when I went into work, we had an e-mail saying it was official! We then had an impromptu celebration this afternoon at the lab space (where I work) and tomorrow at our fancy corporate offices we'll have another party. It's already been funny to hear stories from our CEO of the ups and downs he's had the past three weeks traveling the country trying to sell our company!
There is coverage in many newspapers now (Wall street journal, ny times, seattle times, etc) and I'm sure the press will be good and bad. Now that we're publicly owned, we will be publicly scrutinized, too; it'll be an interesting ride, that's for sure!
Well, not much else is new for us right now- Bryan's been working even more than usual, and last night we even did work together when he got home (I'm really good at computer/math stuff :-) )..... He lost his souz chef (fired-ish) and is now the only one who can do all the orders, inventory, scheduling, etc.
Hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Lauren and Bryan
No comments:
Post a Comment