Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bryan's new job...

Toasting the new gig....

For those of you who don't know, I accepted a new job this past week. I'll start mid-February. It has been a very exciting couple of weeks, and though it was a tough decision to leave my current post, I am very optimistic about the future and feel the company and I might just be a perfect fit. It is a catering and events company, so a bit of a change from restaurant life as I know it, but I'll still be working with food, designing recipes etc... The new company is called Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes Catering and Events, the name describes the range of events they put on. Check out the website at www.tuxedosandtennisshoes.com for menus, info etc.

Also, I attached the company memo announcing my acceptance - it makes me seem like a pretty smart guy... I guess the joke will be on them.

Team-

It is my pleasure to announce that Bryan Hamilton has been selected to fill a new role within our company as our Kitchen Manager. In the new role as Kitchen Manager Bryan will be working in partnership with our Executive Chef Mike Chase to oversee the day to day operation of our kitchen team.

Originally from North Carolina, Bryan graduated from Whitman College in Walla Walla Washington with a degree in Political Science. Bryan found early on in his working career that he had a passion for the Hospitality Industry as his greatest sense of accomplishment came from working in the restaurant field. Bryan’s experience in the Seattle area includes working as the Sous Chef at Lombardi’s in Ballard where his responsibilities ranged from working the line each day to the overall day to day management responsibilities of a large kitchen. He then was awarded an opportunity with Restaurants Unlimited, One of the fastest-growing restaurant companies in the United States. Restaurants Unlimited operates more than 20 full-service dining establishments and they are recognized as a trend-setting industry leader. Bryan worked closely with their corporate office in creating a new concept and opened a chain of new restaurants while with them. His experience in the front and back of the house was valuable coupled with his conceptual skill-set during this chapter of his experience. He most recent experience is for another local fine dining leader in opening restaurants in the Kent and Puyallup area. So as you can see he is an ambitious guy who loves hard work. As you will quickly learn he is a very methodical person with a very creative mindset.

I have had the opportunity to meet with Bryan a few times and feel very confident that his values, beliefs and desires are in alignment with our desires for the business plan of Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes Catering and Events future. He brings a fresh perspective along with a calming demeanor to our team.

Please join me in celebrating, welcoming and supporting Bryan in his new role with our team. His official start date will be February 15th but he will be at our Open House on January 28th to get a feel of how the operation works.

Regards,

____________________

Rob Garner

General Manager

Tuxedos and Tennis Shoes Catering



Anyway, Lauren and I are both very excited for this new postion and we'll keep you all informed to any new changes. Also, if you plan on catering any events in the greater pacific northwest, let me know!


Hope all is well,

-Bryan and Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Bryan, what a nice write up about you......great way to welcome you, huh?!?! We are so happy for you - sounds like it will be a great fit!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Awesome Bryan, what a STUD!
    Can't wait to have this cater my welcome back party if I get the recruitment director job :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Bryan! I sent a copy to Grandma, so I'm sure you will make the fridge, perhaps even bumping Amy & JR's ultrasound photos of Baby Young. I am impressed at how insightful Rob is after meeting you only a few times: methodical and creative...fresh perspective and calming demeanor. That's you! And handsome, of course.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete