Friday, February 5, 2010

What would Bryan do?

Hi all- TGIF!

So, you'll be impressed with me. I think a little of Bryan is rubbing off on me (or maybe a lot because I can quote from memory the past ten superbowl champions- really, we tested ourselves the other night.... fun times in the Hamilton house!). I was at the grocery store today picking up my gallon of milk and I saw some green beans. Now, they're not really in season (or maybe they are and I just don't know), but they looked so good and made me yearn for summer. So I bought some.

I came home and then realized that I didn't know really what I wanted for dinner and I was getting hungry and I had a ton of green beans just sitting there. I thought to myself:

What would Bryan do?

To answer that, I went to epicurious.com and searched "green beans pasta". I found a recipe that used some other leftovers we had in our fridge- feta, tomatoes (we only had cherry tomatoes but they worked too), and a half an onion. AND, it helped to deplete our pasta supply because for some reason, every time we go to the store and see pasta on sale we buy some. And pasta is on sale a lot.

Oh boy, I am so proud of myself :-) And, it was a great dinner! Kind of on the "summery" side, but in WA we need a little summer in the winter sometimes! (PS- those of you out east don't freeze this weekend!)

So, if you want to join in enjoying this salad with me, you can find the recipe by clicking HERE. Look in the reviews if you don't have white wine vinegar- a lot of people wrote about how they subbed basalmic vinegar instead! Oh yeah, and I didn't use the kettle- just a pot that called the kettle black. Ha.

Enjoy and have a great weekend-

1 comment: