Monday, April 5, 2010

A little dog and an orange tian


Hello! Just sitting here on the couch watching the college basketball championship game and thought I would do a little blogging! I hope you all had a fantastic Easter filled with family, friends and good food. We definitely did!

Last week, we were dog sitting for Blitzen- so much fun! She and Bruno get along really well. He's so good with her... tames down the wrastlin' so she can join in on the fun :-) Bruno always gets a little confused around Blitzen, though, because he isn't allowed on the couch, but we can't keep her off! I'm not sure he realizes that she's 1/5 of his size. But, Bruno does sneak some food of hers when we aren't looking, so I think that it evens out in his mind! Blitzen was the star of the show when we went to the Farmer's market for flowers on Easter. Actually, I think all four of us were a spectacle: Bryan and I walking two very different dogs... a Mutt and Jeff combo, if you will.



On Easter, we got to spend a lot of time with friends and family. We picked Sarah up from the airport and she went with us to Lauren and Brent's apartment where we had Easter Brunch with a few other friends. Very yummy and fun! Then, we came home and got to go see the tanned folks Mom and Dad turned into in Mexico! I haven't seen Mom with that blonde of hair in a REALLY long time! It totally bleached out, but was super cute!

Over the weekend, I also tried a new baking adventure. It's a website called The Daring Kitchen, and every month they post a "daring baking" recipe that is a challenge of sorts. You're supposed to make a dessert completely from scratch, according to their directions, but with whatever changes they "allow". I've been intrigued by the idea and finally decided to try the March challenge. It was an Orange Tian (whatever that means!)- but boy, did it turn out yummy! It was a great Easter dessert and quite a challenge for me (no buying orange marmalade from the store... I made it!), which was totally fun. I didn't burn down the townhouse or burn myself and it tasted and looked beautiful at the end, so it was a success!


Anyway, halftime is over, so back to the game! I hope everyone is doing wonderfully!! Oh, and even though I usually pull for the underdog, I win my March Madness pool at work if Duke wins, so Go Blue Devils! ALSO, in other big news: opening baseball day! Wahoo! Go M's!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for Lauren, Bryan, and Bruno for taking care of Blitzen. Also, that Orange Tian was marvelous! Thanks again you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, I hope we get some orange tian, too!

    Thanks, Lauren, for organizing March Madness again. Next year I am going back to color choices. That brilliant Duke blue is a winner.

    ReplyDelete