Hello everyone! Happy, happy Friday!
So. Let's just say my motivation at work lately has been hard to come by. I've actually had to work pretty hard to get things ready for when I am done (two more weeks!), but I've also found myself browsing the 'net lately.
During a recent "surf", I ran across this article, and I was intrigued. See, Bryan and I have been getting these produce boxes from a local farm, and sometimes, we don't eat all our fruit prior to our next pickup. Needless to say, we had some grapefruits that had been sitting there for a long time. I've found uses for a good number of our grapefruits, but a few found their way to the bottom of our fruit bin and were on their way out. I decided that a bathtub cleaning adventure with grapefruit was needed.
Bathtub cleaning was on my long list of "to-dos" this weekend, and I thought, well, might as well make it fun and try something new! The tub had been calling my name for a little while now because it just seems like such a big process to clean it, with the strong chemical smells and feeling all chalky at the end. I know, I know, it's still needs to be done. So I did it tonight!
The good: Upstairs smells like grapefruit, it actually worked pretty darn well(!), it was easy, it was fun, it was pretty fast, and I'm not opposed to doing it next weekend.
The bad: Big halves of grapefruits are hard to fit into little corners, so I might have to follow up with a little cleaner in the corners where tub hits tiles; one medium sized grapefruit did not get our tub cleaned all the way up the tile (but we have tub-to-ceiling tile and could be solved with multiple grapefruits); and I would have extra salt on hand (but probably depends on the nastiness and size of your tub).
The ugly: The grapefruits after they were done looked pretty pulverized/ugly, but that's it!
Anyway, we'll have to see if Bryan notices the smell up here- it'll be our fun little game :-)
Hope you're all doing well, have a fun weekend planned, and have been watching the World Cup endlessly as we have been doing at the Hamilton house.
Happy Grapefruit-ing!
How funny is that... you are so clever!
ReplyDelete