Friday, December 10, 2010

Lauren's Cooking Dinner, really?

Yes, really.  Bryan has been slammed at work and my official quarter at SPU ended Wednesday, so I feel like a free woman (but in all actuality, I have just as much work to do right now as before, but it still feels better)!  And, in honor, I am listening to Christmas music and making a baked ziti (well, penne)....  It's not fantastically impressive, but it's good and easy (and it makes enough to feed a small army, but oh well).

Hope you are all well!

Baked Penne
not sure where I got it from... Mom was this one from you?
- 16 oz penne pasta, cooked
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mild italian sausage
- "generous pinches" of salt, pepper, dried oregano, thyme and rosemary
- 28 oz fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- Shredded mozzarella (at least one cup)

Preheat oven to 350F
Heat olive oil in pan and saute garlic until fragrant, about 2 min
Add sausage and brown.  If lots of fat, drain.
Add generous pinches of salt, pepper and herbs, stir to coat beef
Add crushed tomates, bring mixture to a boil and simmer 5 minutes
In a baking dish, layer:  splash of meat sauce, half of the pasta, half of the meat mix, 1/2 cup mozzarella (ish), rest of pasta, rest of meat, 1/2 c mozz (ish
Bake 30 minutes or until cheese looks yummy!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment