I put it this way to my friend (the other teacher in the ASA program) the other day: "I'm really excited for the year ahead, but not quite ready to get back to school." It's true. And luckily, she agreed.
It's been a great summer (and it's not over yet, right?). We have been so busy, but a great type of busy. From finally meeting our darling nephew Bryce to staying up too late watching the Olympics. From bocce on (Sunset) beach to kayaking on (Lake) Kachess.
I wish I could say I went crazy and took a bunch of pictures to document the fun times that were had by all this summer. I started out so well with pictures, but then kind of fell flat on my face! Yikes. But, a few gems still came around:
| Bryce sleeping in Uncle Bryan's arms! |
![]() |
| Early morning walk on the beach |
![]() |
| Self Portrait at Seahawks Training Camp (Go Hawks!) |
![]() |
| Post-hike and Kachess "swim" with some pretty amazing women (thanks for the pic, Aunt Mickey)! |
As the peace and calm of the summer slowly begins to wind down, I am trying to bottle up this restorative energy so I can use it up in pieces over the next school year.
I really am excited for the school year ahead. It will bring a lot of challenges and surprises, I'm sure, but it will be good to get in a groove teaching the same thing again (prior to this year, I taught 9 different classes to almost 500 students in 3 different schools over 2 years) and to meet my new crop of students.
However, I won't think about that too much yet because it is still (kind of, for a few days) summer vacation.
PS: Other summer pictures, some of which have been shared before, can be found here.



No comments:
Post a Comment