On August 27th, Bryan and I found out that our family would be growing! I took a pregnancy test and saw the second little pink line show up.... Needless to say we were so blown away! We were incredibly excited and anxious all at the same time (with a million other emotions thrown in there, too). From early on in our relationship, I knew we would hit this point in our lives someday and it had arrived. We were going to have a baby!
The next day, we called our parents and siblings. We had surprised them all..... It was so fun to begin sharing our fantastic news.
The next week, Sarah (also pregnant at the time!), Bryan and I ran the labor day half marathon. It was Bryan's first half marathon and Sarah's and my fourth. We made it and I felt so amazing afterwards! Even more amazing: the chocolate shake after. Mmmmm.
School then began and life got crazy. On September 24th, our little babe was confirmed by an ultrasound and a due date was set: April 27th!
That weekend, we began calling relatives and in such an amazing twist of fate, Sarah and Devin were calling relatives on the exact same day at the exact same time. They are due just a few days later than we are. I am so excited that we get to share this with them and feel blessed to be in this special position.
The first trimester went by in such a breeze. School was busy, Bryan was busy, and life flew by. For the most part, I felt really pretty good. Yes, I was exhausted most of the time, but had only a few moments of "morning sickness". Not enough to count at all, though! We also bought our first baby item: a new camera! Yay! We still haven't taken the time to learn all the bells and whistles, but we are excited to have something to capture all the amazing moments headed our way.
We also had a blast telling all of our friends and co-workers. It's so fun that the cat is out of the bag! I love sharing it and receiving all the support and wisdom.... We are so lucky to be as supported as we are. I am so thankful for that.
And now, week 17 begins today. The start of month #5. It is just unbelievable and time has just flown by. I spend my weekends sorting through all the stuff we have accumulated in our house for the past 4 1/2 years in hopes of getting prepared to turn the office/storage room into a nursery soon. Quite the project, but definitely necessary in our darling little house with minimal storage. My energy is back with a vengeance (some naps are still necessary), so I have found myself working around the house and working out a lot more in the past week. It feels so good! I even went for a run after school the other evening. What that did for my mental health much outweighed the physical benefits (which were still huge, I'm sure)
| Good(ish) posture |
| Bad Posture |
So yes. A lot has happened in four months. What started as one cell 17 weeks ago is now 5 inches long (ish) and weighs 5 ounces. What started as shock, nerves and jittery excitement is now pure elation and comfort. What was our family of Bryan, Bruno and I is nearly half way towards becoming one little person larger. And we couldn't be happier.



Oh what a great post, honey - of course brought tears to my eyes So happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom