Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Trip

As many (most... all...) of you know, Bryan and I headed East to Charlotte for Thanksgiving.  We took the red eye after school and a doctor's appointment Wednesday evening.  The appointment (17 weeks) went well and we recorded the heart beat on Bryan's phone!  We arrived EARLY Thanksgiving morning and headed up to Linda and Bruce's.  By the time we had brought our bags in, it was time to head out the door to the Turkey Trot 5k!  A fantastic time was had by all... and yes, I ran most of the time!  Much slower, but Bryan kept me going.  The biggest bummer of it all was that there were no open bathrooms through the course and something was jabbing at my bladder every time I took another step!  But, we still finished strong- and then I ran a little more straight to the bathroom!

The trip was fantastic.  We got to catch up with everyone, spend time with our dear nephew Bryce, and had a long enough trip so that we were able to just spend some time relaxing and laughing with family.

Here are some pics from our trip:
Go Vandy!  This game was awesome (Vanderbilt vs. Wake Forest), but got ridiculously COLD.

The crew after the Turkey Trot 5k.  Wearing our festivus shirts, obviously!



Uncle Bryan with Bryce.  Think we took the same-ish picture at the Beach when he was only 4 months old!



A little too much pepper got into the Bloody Mary Mix... Bryan and Matt had to fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment